James Kicinski-McCoy is a writer and blogger, specializing in strategic marketing and branding, is a co-founder and editor of Mother Magazine, and co-owner and creative director of Two Son. She lives with her husband and four children in Nashville, Tennessee.
1 & 2. Building a massive leaf pile.
3 & 4. Breakfast making in our pajamas.
5 thru 7. Jumping in!
8. Breakfast, coffee, and a good book.
9. Cosy T Sweater from Jamie and the Jones and the Springbok Clutch from Very Fine South.
10. My darling bird.
11. Kid’s new after school snack obsession—Annie’s Mini Pizza Bagels.
12. All bundled up before school.
13. Peaceful evening light.
14. Julian peeling potatoes and prepping for his very own Friendsgiving, that he planned. He made mashed potatoes and the pumpkin pie. So cute!
1. My blue jean baby.
2. New ceramic tea set from the new Schoolhouse Electric fall collection.
3. The Stormtrooper balloon at Sailor’s birthday was a hit!
4. Stormtrooper part two.
5. Mid-day salad snack with my new favorite dressing.
6. Some amazing treats brought home from Paris by a thoughtful friend.
7. Frances is the best little dog. So kind, sweet, and cuddly.
8. A shot from our new space a couple of weeks back. Excited to share what we have been working so hard on, soon!
9. Ever since the little kids started Montessori, they have been cleaning up their toys and messes without a struggle, which is MAJOR!
10. “When I grow up, I want to be a Pikachu!”
11. Sailor lost his kitty again. He left it in a restaurant over the weekend and it was never found. We ordered him a new one, kitty #3, and gave it to him after school today. He looked at it with a strange, unfamiliar stare and slight hesitation. I explained that kitty was happy to be home and that he had a bath and was all fresh and clean. He smiled wide, hugged it tight and said “I missed you kitty.”
New York was amazing, but also much more work than I had anticipated. I was there for four days and it was literally meeting after meeting, back and forth between Brooklyn and Manhattan, all day long with little rest in between. I never got around to breaking out my camera, while in the city, but you can see a handful of photos from my trip on my Instagram feed. I did get to visit some much-loved friends that I don’t get to see often enough and we stayed in the cutest Airbnb apartment complete with patio garden and rooftop deck. Although New York was a lot of fun and every time that I’m there I always want to stay longer, I am happy to be home and back with my family. Here are a few recent photos…
1. Funny faces.
2. Tiny treasures from NYC and Meus.
3. Post breakfast-in-bed situation.
4. New favorite shoes I purchased while in the city.
5. Happy plant.
6. Still can’t believe I am the mother of a fifteen-year-old. Don’t be scared fellow mamas. Teenagers are the best!
7. Sun-soaked kitty.
8. “Move oud da way!” Getting scolded by Sailor for standing in front of the TV.
9. A beautiful stack of 501s.
10. I’ve had this book forever, but have never read it. I’m excited to see what all the fuss is about. P.S. Crayon marks on my table.
1. Birdie working with the “big girls” after school.
2. We’ve been eating lots of chicken noodle soup these days. There’s something going around.
3. My new baby. She’s called an African Milk Plant.
4. Sailor’s got some serious dance moves.
5. Obsessed with all things Star Wars.
6. Our friend Amy made the cutest birthday cookies for Birdie. They were delicious, too!
7. Opening birthday presents.
8. Bright Eyes Pet. We think it’s creepy and annoying, but she loves it.
9. Restocked our favorite wine.
10. Look at that sweet little face.