I love a good red lip. Red dresses up any look and makes you feel feminine. Generally I lean towards a more natural look from day to day, but when I want to feel a little special I’ll reach for the red. Every shade of red, whether it be a fire engine red, a pimento with a hint of orange or a dark crimson looks different on everyone. I have admired someone’s color and then tried it on myself, only to be disappointed that it didn’t complement my coloring. There are actually hundreds, if not thousands, of different reds to choose from. How do you know what works for you? They say that the best way to find your perfect red is to go into a cosmetic store like Sephora or a makeup counter like Benefit and ask a professional to match your skin tone. They can help you find your perfect shade.
Red lip tips…
- Wear very little eye make-up. Your lips are the main focus here and just a little bit of mascara will do the trick.
- Avoid darker shades of red if you have thin lips. They tend make them look smaller.
- To prevent bleeding, apply a small amount of concealer around the border of your mouth.
- To prevent your red lip from fading, fill them in with a matching lip liner before applying your lipstick.
- Avoid getting red on your teeth by placing your index finger in your mouth and close. Then pull your finger out to get rid of any excess.
- Wear your red lip with confidence.